The Kagyu Monlam will be from the 15th – 21st of December 2014
15th Dec: 7.30 am, Ceremonial Lamp Lighting by His Holiness Gyalwa Karmapa with prayers to follow.
16th and 18th Dec: Afternoon first session, teachings by His Holiness Gyalwa Karmapa on Samantabhadra’s Aspiration. More info
20th Dec: Early morning there will be a special puja for the deceased and then Chenrezig Empowerment by His Holiness Gyalwa Karmapa at Karma Temple. Only for Lay Practitioners.
21st Dec: Puja, Tsok Offering, and Mandala Offering by the 2014 Kagyu Monlam Sponsors, and then Closing Ceremony.
Each day, meals will be offered to the poor at Birla Dharamshala.
Kagyu Monlam 2014 daily schedule
6:00 – 7:00 Breakfast
7:00 – 9:00 16 Arhats Prayer & Manjushri Text Prayer
9:00 – 9:15 Break
9:15 – 11:00 Samantabhadra Wishing Prayer (Tea with Bread)
11:00 – 1:00 Lunch Break
1:00 – 2:45 Samantabhadra Wishing Prayer
2:45 – 3:00 Break
3:00 –5:00 Six Different Wishing Prayers (Tea offering)
1. Manjushri Prayer
2. Bodhisattva Way Prayer
3. Amitabha Prayer
4. Mahamudra Auspicious Prayer
5. Buddha Akshobya Prayer
6. Short Mahakala Puja
6:00 – 8:00 Dinner
1. Main Office: The main office of the Kagyu Monlam will be at the Maha Bodhi Society Compound during the time of the Monlam. Before December 13, and after December 21, the office is at the Karma Temple.
2. Meals: There is a special dining area for the members from the European and Asian centres. Meals are offered on donation basis. Please contact the main office for registration and badges.
Monks, nuns and committee members will be served three meals a day at the Nyingma Monastery from December 13th to December 22nd.
3. Medical care. For medical emergencies or general examinations, please contact the Karmapa Healthcare Project Medical Camp located at the Nyingma Monastery as well as Bodhi Tree during the Monlam.
4. Karmapa Healthcare Project: Information about the Karmapa Healthcare Project can be obtained at the Kagyu Monlam office.
5. For more information and to make donations: Please contact Monlam officials at following locations from 7.00am to 6.00pm daily:
Until 13 Dec 2014: The Kagyu Monlam Office at Karma Gompa
From 15 Dec – 21 Dec 2014: The Kagyu Monlam Office at Mahabodhi Temple